Oktoberfest Blumenau has gained international recognition and is one of the largest Oktoberfest celebrations outside of Germany. Oktoberfest Blumenau is an annual traditional German beer festival held in the city of Blumenau, located in the state of Santa Catarina, Brazil. The festival is inspired by the original Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, and it celebrates German culture, music, dance, and, of course, beer. Blumenau is a city in southern Brazil. Blumenau is a German-style city, venue of the annual Oktoberfest parade. At the north of the city is located the Itoupava Village, a farming community that preserves the culture of German immigrants.
Key features of Oktoberfest Blumenau include:
- German Heritage: The festival pays homage to the German heritage of the city, which was founded by German immigrants in the 19th century. Visitors can experience traditional German customs, costumes, and folklore
- Beer: Like the original Oktoberfest, beer is a central element of the celebration. Visitors can enjoy a variety of German-style beers, including lagers and ales, served in large steins. Local and international breweries often participate, offering a diverse selection of brews.
- Music and Dance: Traditional German music, including polkas and folk tunes, fills the air. The festival features live performances by local and international bands, and attendees are encouraged to join in traditional German dances.
- Costumes: Attendees often dress in traditional German attire, such as lederhosen for men and dirndls for women. This adds to the festive atmosphere and creates a sense of authenticity.
- Food: German cuisine is a highlight, with a variety of traditional dishes available. Pretzels, sausages, schnitzels, and other hearty German fare can be enjoyed throughout the event.
- Parades: Colorful parades featuring floats, traditional costumes, and music are a common feature of Oktoberfest Blumenau. These processions add to the spectacle and draw large crowds.
- Cultural Activities: The festival includes a range of cultural activities, including craft markets, exhibitions, and contests that showcase the rich traditions of German culture.
Oktoberfest Blumenau has gained international recognition and is one of the largest Oktoberfest celebrations outside of Germany. It typically takes place in October, aligning with the timing of the original Munich Oktoberfest. The event attracts both locals and tourists, making it a vibrant and festive experience for all who attend.
The royalty formed by the queen and two princesses is the one who takes the name of Oktoberfest Blumenau to the four corners of Brazil and the world, carrying in its luggage the tradition, joy and Germanic culture that are always present and striking in the city and at the festival.
Where To Stay
Excited about our upcoming event? Don't miss out on the fun! Mark your calendar now and reserve your accomodation. Most of the places near to Parque Villa Germanica in Blumenau are reserved in advance, so book early enough to avoid paying the highest prices or, worse yet, not having a place to stay.